Papyrus Lodge is ideally situated in the heart of the spectacular Cape Winelands region, between the historic town of Stellenbosch and cosmopolitan Somerset West.
Lodged between mountains and vineyards with the beach just a mere five minutes drive away, Papyrus Lodge offers a wealth of activities on your doorstep.
Suggestions for daily trips to make the most of your stay at Papyrus Lodge:
- Visit the historic town of Stellenbosch nestling against the statuesque Jonkershoek mountain range. Stellenbosch is steeped in tradition of many centuries and visitors can view the town's impressive Cape Dutch architecture dating back to the 1700s, visit its many cultural and art museums or amble around the charming town where there is a coffee shop or restaurant every few metres. Stellenbosch is a mere 10 minutes' scenic drive from Papyrus Lodge.
- Take a trip to the nearby Winelands towns of Paarl or Franschhoek. En route you can stop off at some of the Cape's most well-known wine estates, shop at the many farm stalls and stop for lunch and coffee at the many restaurants along the route, stopping off for mini-breaks at some of the Cape's most prestigious wine estates.
- Visit one of the many pristine beaches along the Indian Ocean, all just minutes away from Papyrus Lodge. Choose between the long milky beaches of the Strand that stretch on for ever or the slightly warmer waters of Gordon's Bay Main or Bikini beaches to enjoy your day of sun, surf and sun.
- Take the scenic route to Hermanus, the town famous for its annual influx of Southern Right Whales. The whales frolic close to the shores in Hermanus' Walker Bay and offer visitors an once-in-a-lifetime chance to get up close and personal to these giants of the sea. Several spots along the coastal route to Hermanus – via Pringle Bay, Betty's Bay and Kleinmond – are also lookout positions from where visitors can spot whales frolicking in False Bay during the cooler months.
- The bigger Helderberg and Stellenbosch regions offer a number of top international golf courses. These include the Erinvale, Devonvale, Kleine Zalze, Arabella Kleinmond and Boschenmeer golf courses.
- If you're looking for something more active to keep you occupied during your holiday the region offers a myriad of things to take part in ranging from horse riding and mountain trails with spectacular views, to other outdoor pleasures such as windsurfing, kitesurfing, scuba diving and abseiling.
- You can see the world famous Table Mountain from your luxurious accommodation at Papyrus Lodge. The Lodge is only 30 minutes' drive from Cape Town with its many attractions like the Mountain and the V & A Waterfront, while the Cape Town International Airport is only 20 minutes' drive from Papyrus Lodge. The Lodge's convenient location means that you always within reach of the city, but without having to submit to the pressures and bustle of daily city life. The proverbial "close enough for comfort, but far enough for